I have been friends with her for awhile (see random facts below). Thank you for nominating me! I will be following most of the rules, but I do not want to pass this award on at this time (since most of the bloggers I know have already participated).
Liebster is a German word that means dearest, and this award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think deserves more recognition.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award Go to each of the blogger’s pages to let them know about their nomination
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and link back to their blog
I have been working on these facts and answers for a week now. It is not because I have something amazing to say, but because I only had 5 minutes here and there to work on it.
So there you have it! Here are your eleven questions should you decide to accept!
Answers to Stephanie's DIFFICULT questions!
1. When did you start blogging, and why?
Summer 2012 because I was taking a course about web 2.0 for work and had to start a blog to record what I was learning. I had been thinking about starting a blog for awhile and decided to create it in such a way that I could continue the blog for fun afterwards.
2. Describe yourself in one sentence.
This is hard! I am a daughter of God, redeemed by Jesus Christ following Him in my daily life and when I stumble He picks me up.
3. If money was no concern, what would your dream vacation be?
Europe, specifically the British Isles. I want to see where my ancestors came from.
4. What's your ideal way of spending a Saturday?
Sleeping in, going on a walk, reading a book, and visiting with friends
5. What's your go-to lunch?
Leftovers or an egg salad sandwich
6. Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction... But I try to read a few good nonfiction books each year as they are quite challenging.
7. You have a pet lizard. What's his name?
I think I would choose a chameleon because of their bright colours. As for a name... Something meaning bright or colour or some name that would be cruel to name a child. (See the POST about my birds for how much fun I had choosing their names)
8. When did you become a Christian?
I was raised in a home where both my parents are Christians. They taught me about God from birth. I chose to believe in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for my sin when I was four years old.
9. What are you afraid of?
10. Funny memory.
Whenever I visit Stephanie's family, I bring my own pillow. A while ago I stopped by for an overnight visit and they had kindly set up a bed for me. Unfortunately, I did not sleep very well that night because they had dug into the back of their closet and found me the lumpiest pillow there is. I never told them, but started bringing my own. When they asked, I told them why and they promised to give me a better pillow....but I've decided I like my own better.
11. What's your favourite season, and why?
Summer because it is warm and the days are long.
11 random facts about me...I've always enjoyed these type of things (Fact 0.1), but I wanted them to be not too embarrassing as who know who will read it on the internet. Enjoy!
- My favourite part of my physical appearance is my hair.
- My current occupation is a children’s librarian. When I was in Grade 8, my mom set up a co-op type placement for me at a Christian school library once a week. She knew that was where my interest lay, but it took me until after high school and Bible school to know that’s the career I wanted to pursue.
- My favourite app on my smart phone is the Merriam-Webster dictionary. I love words.
- Last year I read or listened to over 80 books. Check out Goodreads for the ones I liked and the ones I did not like so much.
- I met my friend Stephanie (who nominated me for the Liebster award) at WOLBI, but we did not get to be close friends until I attended Algonquin College for my library training. She and her family lived an hour from Ottawa and became my family away from home.
have owned 2 cars and both of them have been standard.
Goodbye 1st car
- I like chocolate a little too much.
- I have never been into sports or even exercising on a regular basis, but have decided to prepare for a 10K run at the end of the summer.
- My favourite exercise is riding a stationary bike because I can read a book at the same time.
- I am
5’7” tall and one of the shortest people in my family.
My family summer 2012
- I do everything I can to avoid getting up early!